Monday, November 17, 2014

Snapchat

I always want to share my daily life. A lot of people share their daily life on Instagram, but in my opinion, Instagram is not the best platform for sharing daily life. So I ignored that idea.

In September 2011 Snapchat was released. That time a lot of people talked about it, but I didn’t care. Now, I am still hearing people talk about it. Recently, I decided to have a Snapchat account.



So Snapchat is an app for sharing your moments for one day or only a few seconds. When you capture a picture, you will have some options. You can choose to post the picture in “My Story” and the picture will remain for only 24 hours which is exactly one day. Also, you can choose to send the picture to one or some of your friends, but in this case, the photo will remain from at least 1 second to maximum 10 seconds. The same thing for the video as well. And the maximum for the video is 10 seconds. There are some filters for both photos and videos. In addition, you can write and draw on both of them too.

Chatting and videoing are different with Snapchat. It is very easy to chat someone in Snapchat, but if you leave the chatting page, the message will disappear unless you don’t tap specifically on the message that you want to save. If the camera button is blue, that means the person you are chatting is online so you can press the camera button and start having a video call/chat.

Snapchat will let you know who saw your snaps in “My Story” and who took a screenshot of your snaps. Even if you send your snap to one person and that person took a screenshot, you will know that. Snapchat doesn’t have the feature that lets you know how many people have added or followed you, but you can know that by seeing how many people have seen your “My Story” snaps.


With Snapchat, photos don’t need to be perfect. I really don’t care to capture a great photo. You can’t open your Snapchat account from your computer. It is just a mobile app. Feel free to add me there, just search for Alnogaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment